Sunday, February 24, 2013

Follow the Yellow Brick Road



As one of our tech task we were asked to follow an Edublogger. This was a challenge for me because there are so many different ones out there. I wanted to find one that fit my style. I was scrolling though the Edublogger list when I found it. The title of the blog is Stump the Teacher by John Stumpenhorst. After I read his about me page I immediately knew this was the one I would write about

"I am a 6th grade Language Arts and Social Science teacher in suburban Chicago, IL. In addition, I am a basketball coach, computer club advisor, and aspiring Jedi."

He had me at aspiring Jedi! I love Star Wars and Star Trek and knew he would have some great posts. Check out this video he posts on his about me page

http://youtu.be/jGoYYTtTHA8
 It was awesome that he got his students involved in making the video and the Jedi tricks were spectacular.

Stuff he does
  • He has the class tweet in their discussions and then posts these tweets to his blog
  • He has video tutorials on Google Docs/ Twitter/ Blogging/ Crazy talk and many other forms of technology teachers can use
  • He has many presentations on slide share about building a PLN
  • He has a resource page that is dripping with knowledge

Why to follow him
He is not just blogging about what he is doing but his thoughts on world issues, education, gun control, PLN's and Star Wars. His blog encourages change within the class room and shows how to avoid the dark side of the force

Thanks

Jen Falk
"Teach long and prosper"-Star Trek

2 comments:

  1. What a cool teacher! I love that you chose him for his love of Star Wars (and other things too). I will definitely keep my eye on this guy in the future, even though I am not a Jedi fan!
    I enjoy reading your posts Jen. They always bring a smile to my face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Force is strong in this one! He's got a follow from me.

    ReplyDelete