Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Technology at home

Welcome to a snow day

Well I was stuck in Altona for the weekend because of massive snow drifts on the road. As I was completing homework in my parents living room I looked around for technology.
List of Technology in the Falk house hold when everyone is home (Mom, Dad, Brother, Sister-in law, Fiance and me)
  • 6 iPhones
  • 1 Apple TV
  • 1 Apple sketch pad
  • 3 Apple Computers
  • 4 other computers
  • 1 iPad
  • 1 iPad mini
  • 1 Tablet
  • 1PS3
  • 2 Wii's
  • 3 Printers
You can say my family is a little crazy for technology being that my Dad is a computer engineer (he came out of retirement) and my brother is a graphic designer. Therefore, when we get together everyone has their device out and we show our favorite Youtube videos, websites and other humorous events on the internet. Some of these things I cannot share with my future students but sometimes my family helps me find new resources. My family also helps me with my technological problems and creating videos and websites. I guess what I am trying to get at is my family is also included in my PLN and gatherings are a great way for me to bring current topics, new videos and websites into the classroom.

Thanks

Jen Falk
"Teach long and prosper"- Star Trek

3 comments:

  1. Hey Jen! I like how you involve your family in your schooling and I agree that they can be a great resource. My boyfriend and brother are always sharing different and funny videos or sties with me, some may not be appropriate for students but some are :) Great post and hopefully you made it out of those massive snow drifts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment. I did make it out of the snow drift. That is great that you have family to use as well it really helps

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an absurd amount of tech! I myself am supporting 2 laptops (I'm hoarding my old one that barely works), 1 netbook, an iPod touch, and a cell phone (not just any cell phone... an old school pre-smartphone cell phone!).

    ReplyDelete