Monday, February 4, 2013

I put the foot in my footprint

On Thursday George Couros came into our class to talk about our digital footprint and the do's and don't s in an interview. I learned a lot from his presentation and it got me thinking about my digital footprint.

I googled myself and found some interesting things. You can find me on twitter, facebook and my new blog. However, those are not the only websites you can find me on here are links to my digital footprint.

These are all websites depicting my sporting achievements. There is a lot of information about my St Scholastica Softball career. Overall I am happy with the information I found about myself.

I really enjoyed listen to a principal give advice to first time teachers. He gave a lot of helpful pointers on our digital footprint, interview questions and our ePortfolio. I am still working on my ePortfoilio but I am lacking videos and pictures of me with students. When I was student teaching it never crossed my mind to videotape myself instructing a lab, class or coaching. I will have to make this adjustment in my last placement and try to get some pictures of cool classroom activities.

Thanks
Jen Falk
"Teach long and prosper"- Star Trek

2 comments:

  1. I could barely find myself online, as I only found my google account, and some old website from highschool that kept football stats. Other than that nothing. Good or bad? It is tough to say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is neat that you actually found some sites containing you...now the question is, would it get you a job?

    ReplyDelete